For most of us, summer is often jam-packed with BBQ’s, camping and social outings, filling our plates with less-than-ideal options. Not to mention, busy schedules and travelling usually account for limited exercise.
It can be really tempting to give into those excuses and take time ‘off’ from your wellness routine- making it easier said then done to hit those goals you’ve set.
I mean, who wants to put in a ton of hard work during the few months of fun and sun that we get, am I right?
Well, good news babe.
If you are feeling stuck and overwhelmed, don’t worry! You are not alone, and by taking just a few simple steps you can achieve better results, faster. Skip the yo- yo dieting and instead make healthy, productive and lasting changes.
Here we dive into several easy, natural ways to boost your metabolism and lose weight this summer (without a ton of effort):
1 . Spice up your meals (& life) with Turmeric. This potent anti-inflammatory agent is known to fight disease, remove toxins from the body, and boost metabolism. Packed with nutrients, this golden spice helps boost energy, and aids in suppressing your appetite – so you eat less, naturally. Try adding it to your grilled vegetables or your grains!
2. Kelp it up! This large brown seaweed is loaded with amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. In addition, it contains iodine, which is crucial for your thyroid- the master metabolism-regulating organ of the body. Try eating it as a snack, adding it to your smoothies or sprinkling it on salads!
3. Blast abdominal fat with cinnamon! This ancient herb has a high ORAC value, helping to rev metabolism and detox the body. Cinnamon also helps to minimize ‘sweet cravings’, and is a key component in minimizing the risk of multiple diseases- including diabetes. Craving something crunchy? Make stove popped popcorn – sans butter – and instead sprinkle it with a little cinnamon!
4. Decrease body weight with the powerful healing qualities of ginger. Traditionally used as a tonic for multiple ailments, this superfood helps to remove toxins, promote fat loss, increase immunity and increase HDL cholesterol (the GOOD cholesterol). Try incorporating a hot lemon water with grated ginger and honey to your morning routine. Not a lemon fan? Try adding ginger to your soups or stir -fry’s!
5. Switch your morning java for a cup of green tea instead! Due to its high levels of catechin polyphenols, green tea is an amazing fat-burner and metabolism-booster . Looking to increase the benefits even more? Use pure, organic matcha powder to get 10x the benefits of regular green tea!
6. Guzzle up, buttercup! Drinking more water not only alkalizes the body and helps it to flush out toxins, it can also help you to feel satiated when you get hunger pangs or strange food cravings . Studies have shown that 75% of cravings are a result of being dehydrated. Before reaching for that sugary snack, try drinking a glass of water and waiting 15 minutes. Likely, the craving will pass and you will feel great!
7 . Get your heart pumping and muscles working! You’ve heard it before and you’ll here it again- exercise is a key component to losing weight and preventing disease. If exercise is new to you, start off small with a long walk, and slowly increase your resistance. 30 minutes a day is better than nothing! Try finding an accountability partner and keep each other motivated!
I hope these tips help give you some ideas on how you can naturally boost your metabolism and feel your best this summer!
I’d love to hear what tips you will be trying or some of the ways you stay healthy during this season. I encourage you to reach out to me on social media and share your thoughts with me!