HI THERE, I’M BRIANNE!
So glad you stumbled onto my page. I’m the registered nurse, holistic health coach, blogger and recipe creator behind The Holistic RN.
I created this platform to bridge the gap between western medicine and holistic healing, and to create a space where we focus on proactive health, rather than reactive health.
In these pages you’ll find abundant inspiration, delicious whole food recipes, informative and educational health tips, and all the support, motivation, accountability and love you need, to create a life more beautiful than your wildest dreams.
a professional within the health care sector focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life; characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.
Did you hear that The Holistic RN is growing? It’s true!
Meet our newest coach here :
I have an overwhelming passion for all things health and wellness- so when I’m not behind my computer screen or in the kitchen working on The Holistic RN, you’ll mostly find me taking care of myself!
Whether that’s engaging in a heart-pumping workout, meditating, eating nourishing foods, or even just practicing mindfulness- health is a part of everything I do.
And while my own way of eating (and the recipes on this blog) are naturally gluten-free and plant-based, rest assured that I am not biased in my approach to nutrition (or health).
I strongly believe that there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to wellness- which means there is no right or wrong way to do things.
Therefore, on this site you’ll find a variety of different approaches for improving your health, helping you create a life you LOVE that actually works for YOU.
In total honesty, I’m a full on empath.
In the past 8+ years, I’ve worked through some pretty major things- both internally and externally. I’ve overcome my childhood trauma, battled significant health problems, eliminated my anxiety and depression, and even distanced myself from some pretty toxic relationships.
But, getting to where I am now in my wellness journey hasn’t been easy.
Rather, it’s been messy and uncertain and chaotic- and it certainly didn’t happen overnight. I’ve had my fair share of trial-and-errors, and at times, I definitely took more steps backwards than I did forwards. But it’s because of all this why I now have the experience that I do, and even more so, it’s exactly the reason why I believe you’ve stumbled onto my page today-
I have the ability, experience and know-how to change everything for you.
You see, my empathy is the core of who I am, and I believe it is my soul purpose to do everything I can to help you release your traumas, fast-track your healing and step out of whatever shadow is holding you back. Whether that comes from a toxic relationship, a career you hate, a poor relationship with food, or even an empty self-love tank, I truly believe that healing isn’t just possible for you- it’s necessary.
So it is my promise that I will always show up as my authentic self, the empath that I am, and use my past experience and expert tool-kit to help you lessen the burden of whatever challenge you are facing in your own life-
because you DESERVE to feel your absolute happiest every dam day! xx
- I am a tea addict! Growing up my grandparents were big tea drinkers, and I’ve definitely taken on that trait. My favourites are green tea & peppermint, but I’ll drink anything!
- I’m happily married to my best friend, Charles – and together we own a healthy food truck in Edmonton called Guilt Free Eats!
- I competed in the Miss Universe Canada pageant twice. This played a large role in me stumbling onto the path of ‘holistic health’ and what inspired me to enrol in my first health coach certification program.
- I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2013 after struggling with numerous symptoms for years, which inspired me to pay more attention to my health and go through a major weight-loss journey where I lost 50 pounds!
- My husband and I are professional swing-two-steppers! We’ve been in a few videos for bands and used to teach- but we mostly just do it for fun.
- In 2021 we sold our house and everything we own to begin living a minimalist life travelling abroad. We spent our first winter in 2021/2022 in Nicaragua, and are now planning to leave Canada again in 2022 to travel the world for the next 3-5 years.
- My husband and I previously put on an annual fundraiser called Unmasking the Myths which was a masquerade gala in support of Little Warriors (a non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse). We raised $250,000 over the course of six years!
- My love of cooking and baking comes from my grandma. In my eyes, she is the world’s best cook. But, like her, I have a tendency to never measure ingredients when I cook… which can be a real challenge when developing recipes!
- I have an extensive history of trauma (as most of us do), to which I am proud to say that I now have healed completely. My journey through this was a long, hard and painful one- and it has made me incredibly passionate about helping others heal theirs too.
My core belief…
As you cruise through these pages, you’ll see that I am constantly reinforcing the belief that there is NO right or wrong way to do things. Our body’s are built so uniquely different- and we require very different things. So whether we are looking at what foods to fuel our body with, what type of routine to follow or what type of exercise to do- my answer will always be the same. The best way to do things, is the way those things feel the best for you.
Whenever possible, I do my best to provide you with an alternate approach to every area of wellness. At times I may share what is working the best for me in the moment- but I never want you to think you need to do anything a ‘specific way’. I’m here rather, to encourage you to experiment with other ways of doing things, so that you can decide what works the best for you and your body.
At the end of the day, you have the ability to choose how you show up in this world, and exactly what your wellness journey looks like. I’m just here to guide you, inspire you and support you- so that you can become the happiest, healthiest and most authentic version of yourself.
Therefore, I hope that you find everything you need among these pages to do just that! xx