Well, I am so excited to share this recipe with you, which I’ll admit was a total accident!
I was craving something cheezy and comforting, but wanted to keep it healthy as possible. So, I threw a bunch of things together, and what came out was pure magic!
This recipe is:
- High protein
- Easy to make
- & Can easily be made nut-free
I’ve found this recipe to be a huge hit amongst our friends who are ‘dairy connoisseurs’ as they love the cheesy taste and stated ‘they can’t even tell the difference’.
This recipe is also highly kid-rated and kid-approved.
Best part? As the cheese sauce is literally made from potatoes and carrots, you are sneaking in extra veggies for yourself and them!
Cheezy Vegan Baked Pasta (GF)
- 2 boxes Chickapea penne pasta
- 2 medium broccoli crowns
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 cups potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to instructions until it is al dente. Drain and rinse.
- Allow to cool a bit before digging in.
- If broiling, watch closely as it can burn fast.
- To make nut-free, simply eliminate the parmesan topping at the end.
- If your cheese appears really thick after blending, add a bit more water to make it closer to the consistency of a ‘drinkable yogurt’ versus a pudding.
- If gluten-free isn’t required, this will work with any pasta.