One of my favourite, easy, go-to recipes is this one right here.
If I ever feel stumped on something to make, the first thought that pops into my head is: can I throw something into a wrap and make it filling?
Before I went plant-based, we almost always used to reach for a chicken option when it came to making wraps. Sometimes it was a healthy option (like grilled or baked chicken) and other times it was less so… (like buffalo flings or chicken strips).
Moving away from animal meats didn’t just lower my overall processed intake- but it also significantly improved my skin and gut health, as these foods were unfortunately causing me some issues.
This was one of my early creations after I went plant-based and I decided to give tofu another try.
Luckily, it turned out better than expected and has since become a crowd favourite. In fact, my husband and step-son frequently ask for this for dinner because they enjoy it so much.
THESE FAJITAS ARE:
- Easy to make
- & delicious!
Let me know if you end up trying them!
Crispy Tofu Vegan Fajitas
1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1 batch Crispy Baked Tofu Strips
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper (optional)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Franks Red Hot (optional)
STEP 1: Preheat oven and cook tofu strips according to recipe linked above. Season with suggested ‘fajita style’ spices in recipe.
STEP 2: Slice peppers and onion in long, thin strips.
STEP 3: As the tofu is close to being done, place a large skillet on the stove on medium heat. Warm up avocado oil, and add in peppers and onion. Sauté, stirring consistently, until onion is translucent and peppers are soft (but not too soft).
STEP 4: Add in chili powder, garlic powder, lime, pink salt and optional Franks Red Hot. Stir well to combine. Add in crispy tofu strips. Serve immediately in tortillas- pairs well with lettuce and vegan ranch dressing!
- GRIMMS gluten-free brown rice tortillas are my favourite (available for purchase at Safeway or Freson Bros). However, in Nicaragua I am using corn tortillas.
- Best ‘store-bought’ vegan ranch dressing in my opinion is the Daiya Brand. Will have a recipe coming to the blog soon.
- If you’re wanting a larger batch of this recipe, simply double the ingredients.
- You can also use a pre-marinated ‘tex mex’ tofu as well. Just check the label to ensure GF if required.