You know what makes every hard day seem just a little bit better? If your answer was cookies, you guessed right!
Okay… I am stoked about this recipe you guys! If there is one thing that I have been super disappointed about over the last few years- it’s not having a good cookie that ‘checks all the boxes’.
I mean, I’ve been gluten-free for 12 years now- and I am getting really tired or cardboard tasting cookies, or ones that are SO sugary they leave my teeth feeling fuzzy and gross.
I’ve been dying for a cookie that satisfies in all the right ways, without being too over the top.
And you know what? I think this just might be it.
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
- & Delicious
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 & 1/4 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (or tigernuts flour)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl whisk together oat flour, gf flour blend, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- This cookie mix will be sticky. I found it super helpful to wear disposable rubber gloves for mixing the dough by hands, forming the balls and flattening it on the trays.
- It will depend on how hot your oven cooks for time. I recommend checking it frequently and spinning the pan around in the oven if needed.
- You MUST use liquid/melted coconut oil or this recipe will not work. Heat it up in a pan first, and let it cool slightly before adding it to the bowl.