Yes, okay, I know you know.
If you’ve been following along for a while, you’ll know my obsession with all things healthy muffins. And seriously, it’s true. I am OBSESSED!
Why? Well because they are delicious for one. Because they are healthy and can be jam-packed with nutrients. And because they are SO easy to make and remind me of my childhood.
There is seriously nothing I love more, and I could literally survive the rest of my life on them as they are SO versatile.
This recipe specifically was a recreate of my ‘Best Banana Muffins’, and I might love it just as much as the original version. It’s soft, with a delicate flavour, and the peanut butter blends it all together so perfectly.
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
- & Delicious
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 2 cups mashed banana (about 4 medium sized)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl mix together banana, almond milk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- The mix will be thicker than a traditional muffin batter. If it appears too thin, add a bit more oat flour. If it appears too dry, add a bit more almond milk.
- It will depend on how hot your oven cooks for time. I recommend checking it frequently and spinning the pan around in the oven if needed.
- These freeze really well and defrost fast. If you’d like the batch to last longer, then I recommend freezing them.