Roasted Seasonal Veggies
20 – 30 Minutes
- 1 Whole Red Onion – Chopped
- 12 Spears of Asparagus – Chopped
- 12 Cloves of Peeled Garlic – Left Whole
- 1 Butternut Squash – Chopped
- 2 Garlic Scapes – Chopped
STEP 1: Toss the veggies with chipotle olive oil from Evoolution at the Enjoy centre in St. Albert and Herb & Garlic spices from Epicure
- If you would like a little glaze on your veggies, toss the veggies in a little maple syrup, or you can also use a variety of balsamic vinegars from Evoolution as well. My favorite is honey ginger white balsamic and lavender dark balsamic vinegar.
- Not a fan of olive oil? Toss your veggies in melted natural butter instead. Evoolution also recently came out with a tasty butternut squash oil you need to try.
- Other spices to try from Epicure include creamy ranch, montreal steak spice, lemon dilly, 3 onion, or pizza. Or do you have an herb garden? You can use fresh dill, fresh basil, fresh thyme or fresh rosemary.
- Other veggies you can try that are delicious roasted: broccoli, zucchini, yams, potatoes, peppers, pumpkin, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms and beets.
For those interested in ordering Epicure spice blends please click on my link https://mistytomashewsky.epicure.com/en-ca/
Misty Tomashewsky Hillaby
Hey there! My name is Misty. I am a wife, dog mom of 2 and I live on an acreage out by Stony Plain Alberta. I did not always love cooking or gardening, however my life journey took me on an interesting path of growing my own food, preserving, cooking from scratch, foraging, hunting, seed collecting and healing through food and community. I used to follow mainstream information around food, followed the Canadian food guide and took advice from health care professionals who professed to know all things about nutrition and health. My health was a disaster.
One day something in my head clicked and I started to self-educate about all the health myths, working with holistic health professionals who were not corrupted by big pharma and started deviating away from “the science”. Since then, I have never been healthier and even reversed health challenges I had. I have learned everyone has different dietary and health needs, you just need to listen to your body and learn to create your own customized program. Your body will tell you what it requires. The common denominator? Eat food from what Mother Earth provides to us, she knows best. I have been watching the current trends where lab food or motherless meat are being pushed on us and even praised as being innovative and environmentally friendly. As these food like products enter our market, our farmers and natural food producers are being vilified and it appears there is an upward trend of people are becoming sicker and the environment is not healing. For me, nothing beats a home grown tomato or home raised beef. It not only tastes better and is more nutritious, but you are connected more with nature, your food and yourself. Grounded fingers in the dirt, the appreciation you have for the rain and sun, the efforts put in to feed you and your family and the confidence you gain, knowing that if the world goes down the drain… you will likely not starve. All combined, do wonders for the soul! And if you cannot grow your own food, you can hunt, forage and support local farmers who make a living in keeping their community healthy. I hope that I can inspire readers to eat and live better with some of the recipes I will be sharing. Some recipes will be Epicure inspired and some will not be, but I will always let readers know where to find some of the amazing products I use in my recipes. For your information purposes, Epicure is 100% gluten free, salt and sugar conscious, is made with organic and whole foods and 80% of the products being vegan friendly.
To learn more about Epicure please visit my website at https://mistytomashewsky.epicure.com