Recently I’ve been trying to eat a little bit better.
If you’ve been following me on social media, you’ll see that I am recently recovering from a state of burnout- and truthfully, I wasn’t eating the greatest during this time.
In finding my way back to healthy eating, incorporating veggies has been a top priority for me. I recently have been playing around with incorporating ‘bowls’, and this was the second one I happened to make.
I was actually inviting my girlfriend over for dinner, and like me, she can’t tolerate some random things. So, in ensuring I was making a safe dinner for us both, I used ingredients that she could tolerate and enjoy.
It turned out better than I could have imagined- and honestly? It is probably my favourite recipe to date. I will most certainly be incorporating this again- and I can’t wait for it!
This recipe is:
- & Delicious
Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Tahini Brown Rice Bowl
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 1 brick original tempeh
- 1 cup peeled & sliced carrot
- 2 cups organic kale destemmed & in bite size pieces
- 1 cup organic red pepper sliced (stir-fry style)
- 1 cup organic green pepper sliced (stir-fry style)
- 1 cup peeled & shredded beet (wear gloves!)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
STEP 1: In your instapot, place 2 cups of brown rice and 2.5 cups of water. Set to pressure cook for 22 minutes. Alternatively, you can make your rice on the stove top.
- If you don’t like any of the above ingredients, you can feel free to switch them out for ones you enjoy!
- If you cannot tolerate fresh beet, feel free to steam or cook this as well.
- If your tahini dressing is too runny, you may have added too much water. Add a bit more tahini paste to help thicken it up.
- Dressing will last in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.