This vegan cheddar cheese is OH so good. For the longest time I have been in search of a delicious cheese option- and unfortunately, so many store bought variations or other recipes fell flat. The wow factor was never there and most of them turned out to just be ‘meh’.
This recipe however, is a game changer.
This cheese right here is what has helped me inspire so many of my friends to try alternate plant-based foods, and it is also the main cheese used in our food truck, Guilt Free Eats.
One thing to note is that it’s soft- almost in a liquid state, and the reason for this is so that it is versatile and easy to mix or spread on scrambles, quesadillas, etc.
Why you'll love it...
- It is super easy to make taking only five minutes to whip up.
- It is naturally gluten-free and vegan
- It will keep for one week in an airtight container in the fridge… if it lasts that long!
- It is smooth, silky, creamy and soft
- It is extremely versatile
- Its flavour is sure to knock your socks off!
Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup water
STEP 1: Combine all ingredients in a blender, mix well, scraping down the sides if needed. Cheese should be smooth with cashews completely blended.
- Start with a 1/2 cup of water and add more if you would like a thinner cheese. I generally add between 3/4 cup to 1 cup to make it liquid, as it will thicken up slightly once refrigerated.
- This cheese will last one week in an air-tight container in the fridge. It may separate; in this case, mix well with a spoon to combine.