Pancakes are ALWAYS a huge hit in our home, and there is just something exciting about having a yummy, sweet and filling breakfast!
I’ve been asked a couple of times for a sugar-free and grain-free recipe, and this one was a wild experiment that turned out great. If this is your first time making a grain-free recipe, keep in mind that it will be a lot more fragile so a gentle hand is required!
I hope that this recipe excites you and that you enjoy it as much as we did!
This recipe is:
- & Delicious
Vegan Sugar Free Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla plant-based protein powder (ensure sugar-free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 overripe banana mashed
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
STEP 1: In a bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and water. Let sit five minutes. Add in almond milk and vanilla.
- If you like it sweeter, add a bit more stevia.
- If you don’t like the taste of stevia, use monk fruit sweetener.
- Before pouring your batter into the pan, ensure it is warm and greased to cook it best.
- Whether you buy stevia powder or liquid it doesn’t matter.
- Use a wide flipper/spatula if you can to make flipping them easier. They will be a bit more fragile being grain-free. Alternatively, you can add in a bit of a gluten-free flour blend if you prefer.
- Store can of coconut cream in the fridge for at least 8 hours before.